Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Happenings

*We had our 4 year check-ups and are healthy as horses!

*We had our Kindergarten screening and were cleared for partaking in the Public School System!

*We spent a week at Grandma and Papa's for the big chicken-butchering event. If you haven't already, go to Papa's picture blog, http://www.everypicturetellastorydontit.blogspot.com/ , to see the documentation of chicken evisceration. What wasn't included on his blog is a conversation between Mama and Marigny while talking about a chicken's digestive system, here is it:

Mama: And this is called the crop, here, I'll open it up so you can try to guess what is inside......There, what do you think that is?
Marigny: Shit.

Can't really argue with that logic, can you?

*Finally, we must brag about our coloring/drawing skills, we just LOOOOOOOOVE to color and here is some of our latest work:


"Captain Vegetable" by Lucy (inspired by Sesame Street's own Captain Vegetable)
In this picture, Lucy has portrayed the whole Captain Vegetable Family: Dad is wearing the cape, Mommy is directly above Dad (exercising sideways) and the rest are the brothers and sisters.



"Beautiful Butterfly" by Lucy and Marigny

*Oh, two last things:

1. We were watching Harry Potter and we asked Mama who Harry Potter lived with and why they were so mean? Mama said "That is Harry's Aunt and Uncle and they are mean to Harry because they don't like people who are different". We told Mama that maybe Harry should go live with Aunt Ann and Uncle Dan because they are the nice Aunt and Uncle.

2. Maringy asked Mama: When we are big girls, can we work?
Mama: Do you mean, when you are a grown-up, can you get a job?
Marigny: Yeah, when I am a grown-up, I want a job?
Mama: What do you want to do at your job?
Marigny: I want to type.
Mama: What are you going to type?
Marigny: Uhh.....mmmmm....uhhhh.....I will type......so I can buy shoes.
Mama: You want to get a job to make money to buy shoes?
Marigny: Yeah, I want to buy shoes.

1 comment:

Papa said...

Nice artwork & coloring. It was great having you up here for a week, along with Mama & Dada on the weekend. I'm so lonely now that I've been talking to the chickens, especially Puffy Cheek Jewelry Polish, oh oh, I forgot the whole name, but she is nice to me & follows me around asking where you guys are? She says she wishes she could fly south, at least to Minneapolis.