Friday, December 14, 2007

We had our first fieldtrip on Thursday to the Warner Lee & Rose Nature Center. (we can't make the underline go away, grrrrrrr....) That is our teacher, Margie. First she showed us how to make some animal tracks in the snow.....

Next we learned about bones.....(Lucy)

We weren't the only cute little ladies at the Nature Center. Our good friend Johanna, was with us too! There we are, feeling a fox fur and looking at a fox skull...(Marigny)

We discovered a new kind of turtle, the Soft Shelled Turtle. Did you know they can breath through their skin and stay underwater for up to 5 hours?! What, you didn't know I was a genius?!!..... (Lucy)

And there was a larger than life model of a Pitcher Plant. Yes, I am a genius too.... (Marigny)

All that learning made us hungry so we had a Ladybug Club Picnic with our Moms. Thanks for a great day Sarah and Johanna! Love, The Bookends

4 comments:

coldH2O said...

Very nice & smart. It will be fun to go with them next time.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I thought you might enjoy this message:

http://www.jcconnections.ca/OurChildrensmessage

Jennboree said...

How fun! I love that the children really seem interested. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

What great pics! Love watching the bookends growing up. They are just too cute!
K.